Thursday, March 10, 2011

At last she has me...

...right where she has wanted me all along.

For as long as I can remember my mother, Sherry "Cas" Casper, has encouraged me to paint. I've always enjoyed artistic endeavors; drawing, pencil, ink, even using charcoal and pastels, and especially photography, but paint has consistently thrown me. Perhaps it is because I
was never able to not compare my work to my mother's, or maybe it was
because I was unable to force the paint to bend to my will.  But recently, somehow, something has shifted.

Recently, I have become an addict.  I can't get enough of painting.  Somewhere along the way, I stopped focusing on the outcome and started really enjoying the process.

My mother has always offered me an easel in her studio, but over the last six months or so, the easel has turned into an easel and a large table, a shelf for my canvases and a cupboard, some drawers, wall space, etc. My mother finally has me right where she has been wanting me all of these years, painting with her in her studio, or as my mom decreed it this Winter, OUR studio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment